Sunday, July 26, 2009

Nursery flooring done!

New flooring for the nursery was installed yesterday while we were at one of our baby classes. Man do I love it so much. It is so beautiful. Now I want my entire house done in laminate flooring (thank you Costco!). Except I have a lot of shit to move around. Not so likely to happen with Weenuh's impending arrival but I'm motivated now for sure to get the rest of the house done.

As you can see in the photo, the room is now painted too though the moulding around the bottom needs to be re-attached. But with the walls painted and the carpet extracted, the nursery is now officially de-funked! There are no more smelly remnants of my father living in that room for what, 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 years? Hooray.

Next up besides re-hanging the closet doors and adding the trim back in the room is assembly of the crib and the purchasing of the rest of the nursery furniture (i.e. a glider and dresser at least)! Oh and hanging a curtain over the window since we trashed the mini-blind that was hanging in there (god was it filthy).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait until I see weenuh in that room!

Pauline

smariek said...

NICE! You've been busy.