Monday, August 31, 2009

How did I get here?

So wow, I'm 39 weeks, 3 days pregnant. I can't believe I've made it this far. I swear to you that I assumed all along my body being what it is was going to give in long before now. I thought I was a sure fire pre-eclampsia candidate, that bed rest was going to be assigned to me... you name it, I figured if anyone was going to get it, I was. (Okay, so I *did* get the swine flu but that's that bitch in the row behind me's fault) But no, I have gotten nothing. Ok, so I do have cankles and big round puffy feet but otherwise I'm healthy. I've had weekly doctor appointments (both in OB and endocrinology) for who knows how many weeks and ultimately weekly non-stress tests at labor & delivery that have all been completely flipping normal. I am more than thankful for the excellent care I've gotten, especially after the rocky beginning with getting my insulin dosages to where they needed to be.

But now here I am, four days before my official due date. Healthy and still very much pregnant. I've been getting checked for a couple of weeks for progress and there hasn't been any (no dilation at all of my cervix) and until like last Thursday, I didn't have any Braxton-Hicks contractions. So very boring! How the hell did I get to be so boring?! She's at least dropped so there's that, but I don't know that it's brought me any dilation since my last OB visit.

But life is good. I'm ready for Weenuh's arrival, well as much as any new parent can be. I'm actually scheduled for induction on Wednesday (yes, that is not very far away at all) and I'll go in tomorrow afternoon at 4pm for Cervidil to be applied, then Wednesday morning around 6:30am I'll call into L&D and make sure they can take me in for the Pitocin induction. Hopefully the induction will work, but yeah, I will be 39w 5d at induction and Weenuh's going to be a big girl. So I haven't given up on having a c-section, I still think the odds are high that I will have one. But really, I don't care how she comes into the world. I just want her here and healthy and whatever gets me to that point is all right by me.

And before I go, here I am in all my glory at 39 weeks. Such a sexy beast, no?


5 comments:

Sweetp said...

Definitely a sexy beast ;)
You look great! All the best for the next day or 2. Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girl

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

How the hell didn't I know you had Swine flu?

Sexy beast - love it. Good luck - I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible and I can't wait to meet Weenuh! (How old should a kid be before you buy her her first set of DPNs?)

hakucho said...

Lots of good luck :)

Jen said...

You look so awesome! Hope Weenuh gets your good looks :). Good luck!!!

lill4my said...

LOVELY!!!!!!!! And now I know you've had her:) YEY!!!!!!