Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still alive, have not impaled myself on knitting needles... yet

Mom's back home now (boo). We had a fantastic time together. It was a really good visit. Well, except for my asshole father not leaving my house when I asked him to so that my mom could come into my house for ONE FREAKING DAY. She got to meet the kittens, but I had to take them out to the car one at a time. I had wanted to show her Bratty and Chubbo's beautiful containers but I didn't take them out to her in the car. I had really hoped that my dad would pull through for me. Just once. Selfish jackass.

At any rate, I'm back to work now for just 3 days. I have my new-old employee (she worked for me 2 years ago) working for me at my employer (yippee!) and it is a dream to have her. She has a really great laugh and is getting along very well with the rest of the staff. I am so happy she wanted to come work with me again!

No Thanksgiving dinner cooking for me this year. We're going over to a friend's house. Even before last Saturday (the day I wanted my mom to come over) I wasn't feeling the cooking mojo for turkey day. I am a very very picky eater for Thanksgiving. I only really want all the foods that my mom cooked when I was growing up. I just didn't feel like cooking for the 3 of us (I couldn't get a response from our friends if he and his wife and their 2 kids wanted to come down for Thanksgiving). So I am letting go my particularity and going with the flow. I'm still having something that my mom cooked, the cauliflower in cheese puff that I cooked last year. Who knows, I may twist up so tightly because I didn't have my normal turkey day spread that I will end up cooking my usual foods by the weekend. (Probably not, there's Christmas knitting to be done!)

I haven't downloaded any of the pics from my mom's trip, I will have to do that over the holiday weekend.

Anyways, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving everyone~!

2 comments:

Cindy/Snid said...

It was really nice to meet your mom. She looks like a lot of fun and seems very sweet!
I have thus far always lived very close to my mom and I think the hardest part about moving is knowing that I can't just go by and get a hug when I want. :(

hakucho said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your Mom and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

happy knitting :)