So after a week of exclusively knitting my Forest Canopy Shawl, I have a wonderful shawl to show for my faithfulness! This is my shawl knit on size 4 circular needles out of Seacoast Handpainted yarn in the Glacier colorway.
I am really loving this shawl.
I discovered one major boo-boo while I was blocking the shawl which can easily be seen in the photo below:
I was trying to figure out what the heck I did here but I really have no idea. It looks like I might have dropped a stitch or something, but I'm not positive that's what it is because it's in the opposite knitting direction. At any rate, it was fixed fairly easily by using a crochet hook to ladder up a stitch and then I fastened that loop with some extra yarn. It's all fixed now and while the square looks a little odd if you're staring at it, it certainly isn't the gaping hole it is in the above photo! I know there are little oopsies throughout this shawl (there were a hell of a lot of yarn overs to keep remembering to do) but I am very happy with the result. It's kind of amusing because the pattern says to start the edging when it has X number of stitches, but when I counted how many stitches I had, I was already 100 stitches over that! I think I probably should have knit this on bigger needles, but I am very happy with my results as it is. I did still have some yarn left (I would have had a TON left if I had actually started the edging when the pattern calls for it).
Here are a couple more shots of the shawl while it was still blocking:
I liked the edging so I took a closeup shot of the bottom point of the shawl:
Overall, I am very happy with the shawl. It was an easy lace shawl to knit and I loved using some sock yarn for something other than socks!
Before I go, I do have one more photo to post and that is of my wonderful hubby that is currently untangling some of my Regia sock yarn that had previously been wound into a ball and was waiting patiently to be turned into socks.
I knit a swatch of it on size 2 needles because I wanted to try to knit socks on size 2's instead of my usual 3's. I don't know how the hell it got as tangled as it did, but it is awful. Part of the problem is because this yarn seems really kind of sticky (and scratchy actually, ugh). I am just doing the simple dw stitch on it and I am happy with how it is turning out (even if I'm kind of leery of the yarn, but I'm going to wash it and hope it gets better!). I like being able to do a somewhat mindless sock after the shawl and after a knitting frustration with the Vicki Howell Love yarn. (I am trying to make the fabulous Peeks & Waves pillow cover she posted the pattern for recently. Slippery yarn + dropped YO stitches = frustrating knitting!) But I am a masochist and I am sure I will pick it up again because I really love how that pillow turns out! I am hoping I can muscle through it and get it done in time to mail to Florida for mother's day.