Thursday, June 14, 2007

Adara Ranbow Shawl, First Progress Report

Now on my needles is the Adara Rainbow Shawl. I am on color 10 of 12 so I am nearly done with my first color sequence!

I thought it would be interesting to post a closeup of the beginning:

I really love how the increases are done. So you change colors with this pattern every 6 rows (omg the ends to weave in) and then every other color change (the even numbered colors) you increase on the 5th & 6th rows by 9 stitches (18 total over the two rows). It makes a small line of the color you are finishing up on at the bottom of the next color as you can see above. Pretty neat stuff. I also love the color transitions. It makes for pretty easy location of the next ball of yarn because the colors are designed so the next color has a piece of the color before it as well as one that transitions you to the next color.

This is knitting up really fast. I have only spent a couple of days on it and very little time on it and I feel like I've made a lot of progress. I was going to try to knit in the ends but there are yarn overs in the rows I should be doing the knitting in on and it wasn't looking very nice. So I am weaving in the ends as I go every couple of color changes. Not so bad and I won't have a million ends to weave in at the end when I finish!

2 comments:

hakucho said...

I have heard about Adara yarn...have yet to see anything knitted with it until today...very nice--looks like a perfect summer shawl :)

DaFawnz said...

Yummy that looks great! It is whizzing right along isn't it!? I bet you'll finish your shawl before I finish mine!