Friday, June 15, 2007

Early morning blogging on YPF

I am so not a morning person. I can't believe I'm actually awake and alert enough to be blogging! At any rate, I am finally blogging about my finished Apple Laine Apple Pie Monkey socks! I love these! I can't wait to wear them, I may just wear them today to work!

The colorway is Bubblegum and the yarn is beautiful and soft (50% wool, 20% mohair, 20% silk, 10% nylon) and I got it from The Loopy Ewe. It was amusing that I had forgotten this yarn had mohair, I was thinking that I was knitting an awful lot of cat hair into them. And gee, wasn't it funny that there was all this hair in them when I wasn't knitting them at home. Yeah. I'm smart.

I had a great time on Sunday. I spent most of the day with the OCK. We had lunch together at Pedro's (what a rocking Sunday brunch buffet they have. Forget the Mexican food, it's all about the dessert table!) and then we ran into Purlescence and Rasputin Music before heading to Boba to hang out. We got together since last Wednesday was my birthday! And man I got some awesome presents!

First off, I got the book Folk Shawls. What a cool book this is. There are some amazing shawls in it. I'm mainly impressed by the size of some of them, holy cow are they ginormous!

Then I got so excited when I got a hank of the handspun merino/silk fiber she had recently blogged about!
So very pretty. I also got a close up, but because I am not a morning person I so did not remember to do the coin as a size reference thing. (I am also too lazy to go re-photograph it!)

Overall, it was a very lovely day and I am very lucky to have such an awesome friend.

3 comments:

hakucho said...

I would think anyone would get up early to show off those beautiful socks. Very very pretty...you always have the best yarn to knit with :)

happy knitting :)

DaFawnz said...

Yippie skippy. I am glad you had a happy birthday gathering! I am glad to have a friend like you! I hope you enjoy the handspun. I can run it through my yardage meter sometime to give you and idea of how much you have (um duh!?) Maybe when you are ready to ball it? The socks look super! I am still snickering about the cat hair....

Juls said...

ooh, cute monkeys! I loved that pattern so much that I bought a solid yarn to make it again...