Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hooray for Camera Battery Chargers

Well yippee. We didn't manage to locate the MIA battery charger, but hubby went over to Fry's Electronics today to pick up an expansion for a video game he just got and he picked me up a new charger for my camera. We searched high and low for the damn thing, but we have zero idea where it went. I'm sure we'll find it just after we can't return the new one. Although I doubt we will, the one he bought is pretty slick, it even has a car charger adapter so my camera battery can be charged on the go!

So when I wasn't blogging in August, I was really knitting some stuff. I finished the first sock of my third pair of Monkeys. I really really love the way the Koigu feels. Have I mentioned this before? Anyway, here it is on my blocker:

I love how nicely variegated the dye job is. No pooling to be had here! Woohoo! The scrap of yarn that is next to the sock is all I had left of my ball when I finished. I was worried about running out while I was doing the twisted rib cuff so I opted for a garter stitch finish. I think it works out alright with the Monkey pattern. Also, this is my first pair of socks that I haven't knit on size 3 needles. I started the sock with my size 3's but they looked hella wide (even for my fat feet) so I moved down to 2's. They've still got ample room on my foot (I am sure the stretchiness of the pattern helps with that) so that made me quite pleased.

Now that I'm using a variegated yarn with this pattern that doesn't totally cause the pattern to disappear, I can really easily see how the Monkey pattern is turning out. The SSK's and K2TOG's aren't lining up all pretty like they do when you're knitting the pattern from the top down, so I am holding off casting on the second sock. I'm going to finish them, I think I just have to take a little time out and get over myself.

So, as a result I started the Waving Lace socks from Interweave Knits Favorite Socks book. I am using my Dream in Color Smooshy yarn that I have in the Ruby River colorway. I think they are beautiful:

That is a pic of where I currently am at. These also are not knit on size 3 needles, I'm using 1's for these. This also seems to be a stretchy pattern as the number of stitches is the same as I use for my size 3's but it still fits. I made sure to check this while I was working on the foot:

It may be because I'm not knitting quite as tightly as I do when I am using 3's. Kristi has been pestering me about this lately so I'm trying to knit looser. We'll see how long that lasts!

I also started a bag that I want to felt but I have neglected to take any pictures of it. I'm using SWS in Natural Geranium. I'm feeling mighty lazy at the moment so I haven't taken the time to re-Google the pattern I printed from the internet. Having a raging headache might also have something to do with it but I blame my sinuses for that.

Anyways, that's all of my knitting adventures for the moment. I have picked up some fabulous yarns recently (Yarntini and Shibui Sock and Vesper Sock Yarn among them *slurp*) so it is extremely hard to remain focused. It is extremely tempting to cast on the Marigold Sock pattern like Sandra is knitting...

Oh! Omg! I totally forgot! Speaking of Sandra.. she was my total hero recently! I gushed about her fabulous slippers and how I felt my life would not be complete without a pair of them... and she went back to where she got hers and BOUGHT ME A PAIR! Wahoo. I so totally *heart* them:
So so cute. And quite comfortable, actually. I so totally *heart* Sandra for picking these up for me!! Thank you again!! xoxo

And finally before I go, a dose of cuteness:

They really need to stop this growing up! They are getting so huge! We totally got the kittens we were meant to have, I can't imagine being without these naughty little sweeties.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

Wow, those socks are awesome. I wish I could knit!

And how BIG are those kitties! What food are you giving them ;)

DaFawnz said...

What is this? Is this a real blog post with pictures and everything?? I thought maybe you gave up blogging (; The socks look good! I am glad you are finally loosening up... your knitting is way uptight. Kristi may turn out to be a good influence after all. I hope you aren't getting sss not starting that second sock... It makes me worried...

Lisa said...

Isn't the Smooshy wonderful feeling? I got some in green and started my socks. I have not yet had the opportunity to purchase Koigu and feel all the lovliness that everyone talks about. Your Koigu socks look great!

Juls said...

ooh, I like the way the monkeys are coming out in the Koigu! I had a disastrous pooling in the STR and so I think that my gauge is really different from say, January One since she manages no pooling with the STR in her monkeys! I bought some solid color yarn to do my second pair of Monkeys :)