Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunday SuNDay SUNDAY

Wow, I really need to not slack so much on taking pictures of things. Oh well, better late than never. Here is my contribution to the yarn pr0n photos on the net~!

Last week, Da Fawnz and I headed over to Commuknity in San Jose and hit up their 20% off sale. Mmm I so love yarn sales!! Especially when I can get more BEAUTIFUL sock yarns!! *dreamy sigh* So my booty at the sale was:


Lana Grossa Meilenweit ColorTweed sock yarn, color 1001. So pretty, I can hardly wait to see these socks! I saw a picture on the Lana Grossa website and wow, does it look pretty.

Next up we have:

Schaefer Yarn company's Anne line, colorway unnamed. This one is in beautiful fall colors. The yarn feels really nice too, should make some delicious socks!

And last but not least:

Regia Silk, color 0188 Maroko. This stuff is super yummy Regia. 55% Merino Wool, 25% Polyamide and 20% Silk. Sooo buttery soft. I think these will make socks I will not want to ever remove from my feet. I can't wait to knit this yarn!! Of course, my sock yarn stash is not large enough yet so when I got the word that Purlescence Yarns got in another shipment of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock yarn, I decided that this time I couldn't pass up the opportunity again!! I headed over at lunchtime on Friday with my friends and bought two skeins:

This is STR lightweight sock yarn in Chapman Springs (left) and Fire on the Mountain (right). The colors are similar but I just couldn't decide between them, so I bought them both. It was tempting to get the Harlotty colorway, but I used some self restraint and only bought the two skeins.

So amid all of this yarn purchasing frenzy, I do have some FO's to show off as well.

First up is the squirrel dishcloth that I knit for a friend's daughter:


This one is a bit hard to see, but I think if you click on the image to look at the bigger photo you'll see the squirrel image a little better. The color is Sugar 'n Creme Orange and the pattern was from the Knit Dishcloth Pattern Corner. The thing I found funny about this project, is the dishcloth on the pattern page was done in orange and orange happens to be the recipient's favorite color. Destiny I tell you.This was my first time to knit something on the bias, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Now I just need to finish up the cloth I'm making for her brother!

Next up we have a smocked cloth:


This one is in Sugar 'n Creme Early American Ombre. I made this one to practice the smocked stitch because I wanted to make sure I could do the technique before I started on my Whiskers and Paw Prints sock. I am definitely pleased with how this turned out. It's blocking now so it's a little bit more square and flatter than it was when I finished. The one thing that I am noticing so far is that the blue dye seems to be bleeding on my towel that it is resting on. That's the first time I've seen this yarn to bleed in the projects I've made, but it is also the darkest color I've used. The pattern was from my Dishcloth Group's Mid-March 2006 KAL.
And last but not least, I have a soap sack that matches the leaf pattern lace dishcloth that I made:

This was very easy to knit up and I am very pleased with how it turned out. It went to the same recipient as the cloth I posted last time. It was very nice how this utilized the ball of yarn. I started a new ball of Sugar 'n Creme Buttercream Ombre for the dishcloth, used the remaining yarn for this soap sack and ended up with maybe 2 feet of yarn left, if that much. Pretty efficient if you ask me!

I have finished the first sock of the Whiskers and Paw Prints socks but I have yet to take a photo of them. I didn't want to have to monkey around with getting my photographer to take a picture of it on my foot and I think that it will be awfully hard to see the pattern if I lie it down flat on the table to try to take a picture of the detail (the yarn is pretty darn hard to see when I'm knitting with it, let alone try to take a picture of it). I can say that the sock(s) are very beautiful and the Cherry Tree Hill yarn is so magnificent.

Time now to go sleep and dream of beautiful sock yarn!!

1 comment:

DaFawnz said...

Yippee a new post! I LOVE the STR, I may have to mosey on up to Sunnyvale and see what you left in the store...