Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Where oh where could my little Kacha-Kacha be?

So I've heard on other blogger's sites about how they occasionally lose their various knitting instruments and I always thought that it was an oddity how things can disappear and how it hadn't happened to me... until yesterday! I went to knit on my latest dishcloth I am working on and I pulled out the cloth, then pulled out the pattern and pulled out my... WHERE IS MY KACHA-KACHA? I am still befuddled where it went. I looked in the sofas, in my bed (last known location of my kacha-kacha), under the sofas, under the bed... and found nothing. Sigh. I was getting all excited too because I was finally knitting something that would make me click over 99 rows! But no, it was not meant to be. So for now I sit and ponder what venue to purchase my replacement kacha-kacha from.

Anyways, on to what Santa brought! (this will need to be followed up with a photo post because some things are too funny to not be photographed) So I got a couple of presents at my client before Christmas, including some Godiva chocolates and a $25 AMC movie theater gift card and some Bath & Body Works travel size lotions and the neat 2007 Knitting Pattern-a-Day calendar. Hubby bought a very nice Nikon digital camera from a friend which will nicely replace my ancient Olympus camera that I have had since, oh, 2000. Very cool stuff. I'll have to read the manual now so I can get how to operate it! He also got me some lovely handmade jewelry made by his co-worker's mother-in-law. The entertaining gift I got from him was an i-Cat!! I have been wanting an i-Dog since I saw how cute they are but when they put out the cat version, I wanted one even more. (Although, they released a tiger i-Dog. WTF. Since when are dogs tigers?) When we were unpacking the gift boxes from my in-laws, I thought one of them felt like it was a very familiar weight and shape... so on Christmas morning I found out it was! I got another copy of the knitting pattern-a-day calendar previously mentioned. So amusing. It got re-gifted to my friend's wife that came over for Christmas dinner (who prefers to purl rather than knit... I kid you not!). Also re-gifted to the same family's son was the dragon pop up book that my mother-in-law bought my hubby. I mean, she's given odd gifts before but man, she gets a prize this year because she gave us BOTH weird presents. In the box that was labeled "Open First!!!" was a pretty Snow White snow globe, with Snow White in the arms of Prince Charming and the dwarves looking at the two of them both inside and outside the globe. The weirdness is that the song the snow globe plays is... Someday my prince will come in. My thought was "considering I married her son, wouldn't you think my prince had already come in??). I'm not quite sure where she came from with that gift but I guess it got extrapolated somehow from my love of Mickey Mouse. Anyways, she meant well and it was sweet of her but man it is weird!! My mom was very thoughtful, she got me the awesome Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume 1: Knit & Purl: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary as well as Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's book Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks. Being a Yarn Harlot addict however, I of course not only own this book but I also have my copy autographed! Thankfully she did give me the receipt so I am sure I can go to the bookstore and find another knitting book that I don't already own! (I did recently purchase the Reader's Digest book The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches and the Vogue stitches have quite a few different stitches so both books are great to have and very inspirational!) (Though, I must say that while both books have color photos of the stitches, the RD book has them in varying colors, not just the same green color... that's a lot of green yarn imo!)

Well, enough going on and on about my goofy mother-in-law. Hopefully the holidays were happy for everyone out there however you celebrated them!

No comments: