Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Work In Progress

Just a quickie post here to prove this is really a knitting blog and not a yarn buyer blog!

I am working on a 5 Hr Baby Sweater for my niece who is being induced on February 1st. This is the boy variation of the sweater that eliminates the lace holes in the sweater. I'm getting ready to work on my first sleeve, I'll add some varigated yarn at the cuff like in the pattern photo and then I'll do most of the body of the sweater with the varigated and then pick up the blue at the bottom.

I am also going to make a hat I think, though I don't think I am going to make the bonnet that is on the 5 Hour Baby Sweater page, I will probably make it a basic stockinette hat. Booties too, probably go with something basic since the other slippers are pretty girly too and the stitch pattern goes more with the regular sweater rather than the one I'm knitting.

Also still in progress are the Whiskers and Paw Prints socks in the Yarn Pirate Paris color. I'm almost done with the first one, I just have one pattern repeat to finish and then it's time for the picot cuff. Hopefully I'll finish these before my mother-in-law turns 63.


That's it for now. I may start knitting the mid-month dishcloth KAL pattern, it has cables this time and I think it would be a good one for me to practice cables on!

1 comment:

DaFawnz said...

5 hr sweater looks great!
Paris is coming along nicely, I suppose as long as you finish it before Paris it's all good right!?