Monday, January 22, 2007

Yarn Pr0n Monday, Vol 2

Mmm I didn't think I would have yarn to splash today but thankfully Knit Picks helped with that over the weekend when my order arrived on my doorstep!

It wouldn't be an order if there wasn't sock yarn involved. This is their Memories yarn in the Pansy color. This is really pretty. I can't wait to see it knit up. It feels pretty nice too. Sadly, it is hand wash only so I have another pair I will have to wash in Woolite. (Though, the good thing is that these will likely be made into socks for me, since I doubt that I would inflict my family with hand wash socks... Although I could possibly do that to my mom, although I take the risk of her forgetting and tossing them in the wash. Perhaps it will have to be superwash for her after all.)


I was the model of self restraint and just bought two sets of yarn with this order. The second is their Wool of the Andes Bulky hand dye in their Impatiens colorway. I bought this to make the felted pattern Hot Out of the Oven that is free on the Knit Picks site.

I was tempted to buy more of this yarn in the Spumoni colorway, it looks so cool in the pattern photos. I, however, was the model of restraint and only bought the Impatiens colorway. I am sure that the Spumoni color will end up in my basket if I need to pad my shopping basket to $45.

These were just two yarns that I had wanted for some time, I had no need to pad this order since I purchased my Knit Picks Options circular knitting needle set. I've been giving Santa a really hard time about not purchasing these for me for Christmas, but I've finally decided to lay off the guilt and finally just buckle down and buy them. I am pretty excited about having them at last. I think that their first usage will come when I am getting to finally knitting the body of the 5 hour sweater. (Which I need to hurry the hell up and knit, February 1st is coming up at an alarming pace)

Also on the knitting front, I have finally finished the last pattern repeat of the Paris Whiskers & Paw Prints socks. I am working on the picot cuff and should be done with them shortly. I just have to stop playing World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade long enough to get in some knitting time. (I love their little flash intro that is launched here.)

At any rate, it's time to get some rest. I've been staying up far too late playing WoW!!

No comments: