Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Finished Object That Isn't Socks!

Look, a brand new finished object that isn't a pair of socks!! This is Fetching in the Filatura di Crossa that I bought at Knitting Arts. These are a gift for a friend's daughter for her 10th birthday. This was my first time knitting cables, knitting with waste yarn and making a thumb so I was pretty excited. I made this 2 cable repeats (10 stitches) smaller than the original pattern because they looked way too big for a 10 year old. I don't think that they are too small but I will see! I am really really happy with how these turned out. With size 6 needles and worsted weight yarn, it is amazing how fast a project can go. I started these Sunday afternoon (and finished the first one plus cast on the second before bed) and finished these Monday night after work.

Cabling close up:


This was a terribly simple pattern. I will probably make more of these for myself and/or for gifts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey these look really good...great work...do keep up the good work...and hey also drop by my log on Birthday Wishes sometime and check out all the amazing resources and ideas it's filled up with!!!

DaFawnz said...

I can't believe it. Not a sock. Although fairly similar isn't it, a tube only a thumb instead of a turned heel. Good job I'm sure she'll like it. And now you get all the weird random posters not me...Haha!