Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Catching up!

I swear, I have a good reason for missing 2 yarn pr0n Mondays... and Valentine's Day.. and the last week... um, yeah.

I realized while I was at work last Monday that when I uploaded my finished object pics, I deleted my lovely J Knits sock yarn tha
t I got from The Loopy Ewe (2 weeks ago now, ugh) because, well, it wasn't Monday yet! Then when I got home that night, I apparently should have cooked something at home for dinner because I came down with viral gastroenteritis from (I think) my BK burger. It seriously went down hill from there (yes, for those keeping score, I had the stomach flu for Valentine's Day. Ugh.) And then for the rest of the week, I was getting over that, going to a seminar for work, going back to work and then enjoying my 3 day President's Day weekend. And then last night, my camera batteries pooped out so those had to be recharged before I could download my pics that had been neglected for days. At any rate, things are again wonderful in the world of Teenuh!

Here is the aforementioned J Knits scrumptious sock yarn in the Maryland colorway. I bought it because the colors were so watermelony.

Let's see, then came Valentine's Day. Not much went on because I was enjoying a lovely diet of saltine crackers and Gatorade. However, I was the recipient of 2 dozen beautiful long stemmed roses. My photography skills do these no justice.

I managed to finish the 5 Hr Baby Sweater for my brand new great-nephew. I did a single crochet tie that is a double strand of the Cotton Tots variegated yarn I used for the accents. It was a nice addition, it linked the variegated yarn to the top of the sweater very nicely I think.

Both this sweater and my mother-in-law's birthday socks finally got mailed out. Hooray!

After being sick for 2 1/2 days, I got my lovely dishcloth exchange pal's gift. She made me one of my favorite cloths, Love All Around, from Harvest Moon Designs and gave me a cute little Mary Engelbreit box and some notepads with cherries on them as well as a dark purple Sugar 'n Creme yarn that I didn't have in my stash somehow.

I also finished my dishcloth exchange pal's cloth so that I could get it mailed out by the deadline. I made her the double diamond cloth from the Dishcloth Boutique (I so love round cloths!). Here is my cloth without a flash, a little blurry but I think you get to see the pattern a little more clearly than when it gets washed out with the flash. I made this out of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Lavender Ice.

I have the flash version of that shot on my Flickr. I think that it is better without, even being blurry. I was also not clever enough to take a pic of my entire package I sent to her. I also sent her some lovely handmade soap and a ball of my precious Sugar 'n Creme yarn in Countryside Ombre (my favorite color!).

On Saturday, I headed out with the OCK to hit The Yarn Place's 20% off sale (hooray for pre-Stitches West sales!). I took it relatively easy.. even bought some non-sock yarn (but of course I did buy some!).


This is Adagio Fingering Yarn - color 606176, Graceful Lace Yarn - color 609214, and
Clouds - color 308. I love going to the Yarn Place. They have such nice yarn that is reasonably priced and the way the colors transition is so fascinating to watch. I also bought some beads to knit with, I will likely use them on a shawl like the OCK is doing now. Mmm. Oh, and I bought the Fiber Trends pattern for felted clogs. I can't wait to give that a whirl.

So that is the wonderfulness in the world of Teenuh this week. I have been knitting Cookie's Monkey socks out of my second Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock I purchased from Knitting Arts. Some wicked pooling going on with it, but the colors are so vibrant that I am going to do my best to ignore it. Pics on that later when I have more than 4 brain cells in my head!

Only 50 hours until it's time for the Stitches marketplace to open...

2 comments:

hakucho said...

Your round cloth in lavender ice is absolutely stunning! I love it :)

happy knitting :)

DaFawnz said...

Holy cow, It's a post! The dishcloth looks great in the blurry pic. Almost as good as in person. You cut off the arms on the 5 hr sweater so no one could see the var. on the sleeves.. bummer. It looks great. I am excited you are going to enter the world of lace knitting/ knitting lace. Welcome to the dark side of the dark side.