Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I swear she did this on her own!!

I am very amused at the moment by an email I just received from my inlaws. As I mentioned in my post earlier this morning, I sent off the Paris Whiskers & Paw Prints socks to my mother in law on Saturday. They just live in Oregon so the package arrived yesterday (I think it is too early for them to get mail today). To show how excited she was by the socks, she took a picture!!

A pic of the socks on her feet and I didn't even have to ask for it! So amusing. Although, her email was more amusing:

So I get home from a round of appointments in Eugene, and what do I find? A package! From my favorite city in California!! And inside the package are a pair of the most beautiful, soft warm socks I have ever seen, knitted perfectly in fantastic colors in an intricate pattern. I am the envy of my cold-footed neighbors. Thanks so much for all your hard work and making me feel so special. I will wear them everywhere. You will have to pry them off my feet so that they will get washed.

I am thrilled that they fit and that she is so enamored with them. Hooray, a kitting victory! I am glad that they were worth the 6 week wait.

Edit: She is cracking me up, I just got a second email from her:

They fit fine, and I LOVE the color. I am wearing them with my Birkies so I can show them off. I am telling all my friends, "Look what I have--hand-knitted socks!" And YOU don't!) They are SO envious.

1 comment:

DaFawnz said...

Gotta love her!! I am glad she appreciates it, I know I couldn't say the same for my MIL! Now she can wear Paris in Paris!