Monday, February 05, 2007

Vickie Howell Rocks!!

I am a bit tardy in posting this but I was sick the weekend before last with bronchitis and my brain has been sort of slow to defog itself.

Thankfully I was mostly over my bronchitis by Wednesday night when the OCK and I headed up to Full Thread Ahead in Los Altos to attend Vickie Howell's yarn tasting and book signing. FTA worked with SWTC to get in all of Vickie's yarn (Craft, Rock and Love produced by South West Trading Company) by the event and man is this stuff excellent. I love the entire line, most especially the Love line. Soo silky soft and yummy. This one was by far my favorite of the three, though I would love to knit with all of them. They did a really excellent job with the dyes on all three lines. They are very beautiful, rich colors. Being the varigated fan that I am, I cannot wait for them to produce a multi-color yarn but I am pleased as punch with the colors they have to start (as you will see when I get to posting my Super Bowl sale yarn..). After we got to hear about how the show is done and what she is up to lately, we got the chance to get her to sign her books that are out. I purchased her most recent book, Knitty Gritty Knits: 25 Fun & Fabulous Projects and got her to sign it. She is absolutely delightful to meet and she is doing awesome things for knitting. I was initially unsure if I wanted to head up to FTA on a weeknight but I am absolutely pleased as punch that I did.


(Special thanks to OCK for taking a pic of me and Vickie since I was too lazy to take my new camera to the event!!)

No comments: